The Office of the Secretary is the oncampus representative body of the Governing Council. The office is led by the Secretary. The Secretary serves as the liaison between the Council and the leadership of the Institute and represents members of the Council in critical matters as reviewed by the Principal Officers.
The Secretary of the Institute reports to the Rector and the Council in the discharge of duties and acts as Secretary to the Council, the Academic Board and such other boards and committees. In particular, the Secretary of the Institute:
- Arranges the business of the Council.
- Attends meetings of the Council.
- Records and keeps minutes of the meetings of the Council.
- Performs such other functions as the Council or the Rector may direct.
The Secretary’s Offices oversees five main units.
1. General Administration
- Grounds and Sanitation
- Procurement Unit
- Security Unit
- Mechanical and Transport Unit
- Hospitality and Accommodation Unit
- Development Office
- GIMPA Executive Conference Centre
2. Academic and Students Affairs
- Academic Affairs Directorate
- Student Affairs Directorate
3. Human Resource Department
- Finance Directorate