The role of the Quality Assurance, Standards and Accreditation Unit is to, among others:
- heighten the level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- facilitate the acculturation of quality within GIMPA through institutionalisation of good practices;
- provide sound basis for decision-making;
- act as a dynamic system for quality changes; and
- make the Institute and its graduates globally competitive in programme and institutional rankings, in attracting prospective students and collaborators to the institution and in graduate placement on the job market.
This is achieved by:
- facilitating the development, dissemination and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute;
- overseeing GIMPA’s accreditation processes and other quality-related engagements with the National Accreditation Board including annual reporting; and
- facilitating the collation and integration of feedback from students and other stakeholders on quality-related issues at GIMPA.