On behalf of the Rector, I am proud to welcome you to the Office of International Programs and Development. Our office was set up in May 2010 as a response to GIMPA’s drive, From Excellence to Greatness. It is also widely acknowledged that 21st century education without an international dimension is rather incomplete. Indeed GIMPA’s vision requires active engagement with the global community.
Our vision is to cultivate and nurture the growth of global and diverse perspectives for all stakeholders and provide our students and faculty with an international experience in education in our fields of competence (leadership, business administration and management) whilst exploring new trends around the world.
Our mission is to enhance GIMPA’s position as a world-class centre of excellence by providing faculty and staff with an opportunity to contribute to the global exchange of information, ideas, culture, experiences and research and increase opportunities for study, research and collaboration with other institutions abroad.
The office is charged with promoting, assisting and coordinating all international activities throughout the Institute.
Functions of the office include;
- Work with students, faculty and Management to enhance GIMPA’s role as an international institute of education and research in Africa.
- Coordinates the Institute’s comprehensive linkages with selected higher education institutions, agencies and departments outside the country.
- Engaging partner institutions to explore our research potential in collaborative efforts on global issues.
- Organise and conduct study/internship abroad programmes.
- Provide various services and advice to international students, scholars and all stakeholders.
- We are situated on a hill that provides an absorbing panoramic view of the whole of the city, stretching from the airport to the business districts.
- Explore a serene academic environment, well-kept lawns, and general greenery that contributes to a conducive natural setting.
- You will find top academic, social and recreational facilities quite unmatched here in Ghana. Our Executive Conference Centre is a unique hospitality centre, our teaching methodologies are technology-based, and our services are dependable.
- You will explore a campus that is self sufficient. We are a family of students and lecturers and administrators which fosters a sense of belonging.
- You will experience Ghanaian culture rich in its diversity, the food, the clothes and the language and the chance to tour the country’s monumental places of tourist attention.
- Most of all, you will testify to the hospitability of Ghanaians, the warm reception and commitment to our guest is a unique cultural identity which pervades the whole country.
- There is always the opportunity to interact with students, and build cherishable relationships.
- At GIMPA, the evening comes alive, bustling with activity as evening students start lectures.
- A secure environment with 24/7 security service so that you are free to do just about anything, jogging in the early mornings or hanging out with friends in the evening.
- And don’t you worry about staying in touch with your family and friends, we have got internet connectivity that is secure and fast.
GIMPA’s premises is situated at Greenhill, Achimota, on 150 acres of high ground surrounded by the Achimota forest reserve. Our campus provies an absorbing, panoramic view of Accra, stretching from the airport to the business district. The main campus has a serene environment, well-kept lawns, and general greenery that creates a truly natural setting.
You will find top academic, social and recreational facilities quite unmatched here in Ghana. Our Executive Conference centre is a unique hospitality center. Our teaching methods are technology based and our services are dependable. You will find a campus that is unique in its self-sufficiency: we are a family of students, lectures and administrators.
You will experience Ghana culture rich in its diversity, the food, clothes and the many languages as well as a chance to tour the country’s landmarks and tourist attractions. Most of all you, will testify to the hospitality of Ghanaians: the warm reception and commitment to our guests is a unique cultural identity that pervades the whole country.
There are always opportunities to interact with students as evenings on campus become vibrant and bustling with students arriving for lectures.
You can expect a secure environment with a 24/7 security services. This means you are free to do just about anything, from jogging in the early morning to hanging out with friends in the evening.
The Office of International Programmes and Development (OIPD), wishes to announce for the benefit and participation of all students,
Accommodation at the GIMPA Executive Conference Centre is ideal for international participants. Rated three star, it is spacious, air-conditioned with wireless internet connectivity, and boasts of a fitness centre and a gift shop so you can take a little of Ghana back with you.