GHANA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (GIMPA)
(Excellence in Leadership, Management and Administration)
The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), a World Class University and Centre of Excellence for training in Leadership, Management and Administration, located at Greenhill, Accra, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to the above position in the Institute.
The Director of Corporate Affairs and Institutional Advancement shall be the Institute’s Chief Advisor on public affairs and shall supervise a team of professionals to discharge all public relations, fund raising, events organisation and allied functions for the Institute.
The Director of Corporate Affairs and Institutional Advancement shall report directly to the Rector.
1. Responsible for the reputation management of the Institute;
2. Develop and maintain the Institute’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage;
3. Take editorial responsibility for the Institute’s website, and other corporate communication tools;
4. Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies for dealing with all stakeholders;
5. Offer strategic advice to Management on issues relating to Corporate Affairs and Institutional Advancement;
6. Play a key role in management and planning of the corporate affairs Department;
7. Responsible for the Institute’s annual report and other official publications;
8. Design, write and/or produce presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets,
‘in-house’ journals, publicity brochures, newsletters and reports;
9. Oversee the coordination of all marketing activities (radio/TV advertising, print, billboards, web marketing, etc.) for the Institute;
10. Plan the fund-raising strategy and carry out specific projects, including identification of potential sponsors and settle on appropriate targets for funding;
11. Monitor and assist the fulfillment of institutional obligations to funders;
12. Ensure that expenses are within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation;
13. Identify and prioritize emerging issues and handle them in a timely fashion;
14. Develop strategies for managing the Institute’s relations with its Alumni; and
15. Perform other duties as required by Management.
1. Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications Studies or related disciplines from a reputable university. A PhD will be an advantage.
2. Ten years’ post-qualification experience, five (5) years of which should have been in Senior Management.
3. Must be able to serve a full term of office of three (3) years before attaining statutory retirement age which is currently sixty (60) years.
The candidate shall have:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with people at all levels.
2. Strong people management skills.
3. Excellent problem solving, inter-interpersonal and leadership skills.
4. Experience in working with individuals from different cultures.
5. Strong analytical skills and be assertive.
6. Very good IT skills.
7. The ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
8. The ability to take initiatives
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of three (3) years in the first instance and may be reappointed for a further term of three years only, subject to satisfactory performance.
Very attractive and competitive
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to email@example.com by February 28, 2019.
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above email address.