The unit is a leading provider of Management Consultancy Services to organizations in both the Public and Private Sectors, including NGOs. In line with the commercialised status (Act676, Clause 4D,E and F) of the Institute, the Unit is to provide consultancy services in the areas of leadership skills, management and administration to support national development and encourage publication of the results of studies and undertake research studies and exercise such other powers that are incidental to the performance of its functions under this Act of the Institute.
The GCITD Approach
The GCITD’s approach is highly participatory and client centered. We involve the clients and stakeholders extensively in the planning and implementation of programmes and projects. Our approach is predicated on our belief that sustainable change starts from within. Thus, GCITD uses a wide variety of participatory learning activities to engage stakeholders and participants to enhance their understanding of the problems so as to generate practical strategies for the resolution of these problems. We value knowledge sharing and believe that sustainable change can only come from within organizations. Hence, we lead our clients to discover and exploit their business potential and to achieve better results.
Consultancy Services provided includes:
- Strategy Planning and Corporate Planning: creating and implementing blue prints
- Management Review and Organisational Development: Aligning system, business processes and structures
- Policy and Programme Development: Policy writing, Programme Development and Project management
- Performance Management: Developing measures for improving the performance of people, processes and systems
- Social Research and Community Development:: Applied Social Research
- Procurement Management: Public Procurement Planning and Procurement Audits
- Human Resource Management: Creating and Redesigning Organisational Structures and Systems
- Financial Management: Improving the economic value of businesses and Institutions
- Management Training: Transferring skills to develop capacity to create and sustain change.
- Advisory services on innovation and intellectual property management to stakeholders for sustainable development in Ghana and Africa.
- Training and Developing: Empowering Individuals and Organisations with higher skills
The Innovation Unit provides guidance, direction, capacity building and advisory services on issues of innovation and intellectual property (IP) development to help meet the strategic needs of GIMPA in particular and national development objectives and goals in general. The Unit plays a pivotal role in developing and promoting the implementation of innovation and intellectual property plans, strategies and well-tested business models for sustainable growth and national development.
Expressly, the Unit works with other departments at GIMPA and in collaboration with local and international partners to help:
- Develop and harness new and existing knowledge, innovations and intellectual property tools to meet the needs of diverse groups of clients including the vulnerable and marginalized groups in the society and to help address the needs of the environment.
- Sensitize businesses and stakeholders to take advantage of the innovation and IP systems already in place in the country and seek ways to exploit innovation and IP systems in place in other countries for business and economic successes.
- Undertake capacity building activities and projects to promote innovation and IP best practices and business models that attract investments to key economic sectors, and jobs- and revenue-generating areas in Ghana.
- Promote innovation and IP rights education, training and awareness among stakeholders including government agencies, investors, civil society, businesses and other groups as necessary in the country.
The overarching goal for the Innovation Unit is to promote the development, adaptation and exploitation of new and existing knowledge, innovations and intellectual property systems across the formal and informal sectors of the economy to help boost national productivity and quality of lives of people in all segments of the society in order to ensure sustainable growth and socio-economic development of the country.
The Training Unit provides skill and competence based courses and learning programmes to private and public sector organisations. The Unit in addition serves as a clearing Hub for the Institute in harmonizing all short courses being run by schools/centres.
Workshops and courses designed to suit specific needs of clients include the follow:
- Public Procurement Management (National Framework)
- Qualitative Evidence Based Policy Analysis and Evaluation
- Quantitative Evidence Based Policy Analysis and Evaluation (Using SPSS & STATA)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Managing Projects Using Microsoft Project
- Feasibility Study and Business Plan Development Workshop
- Donor Fund Management
- Donor Project Proposal Writing
- Contract Management, Disbursement and Monitoring of Donor Projects
Duration, content, methods, location of these trainings can be customized to clients’ needs.
World Bank/GIMPA Training Programs
- World Bank/GIMPA Goods & Equipment Workshop
- World Bank/GIMPA Works Construction Workshop
- World Bank/GIMPA Consultants’ Services Workshop
- World Bank/GIMPA Financial Management Workshop